SQL Training Course
Who will benefit
- School leavers intending to do one of our Coding Bootcamps.
- Anyone that wants to start learning to code the right way.
- This course is a requirement for entry into our Coding Bootcamps
- 5 Full Days or 40 hours part time
What do I need?
- Live Online Training : A laptop, and a stable internet connection. The recommended minimum speed is around 10 Mbps.
- Classroom Training : A laptop, please notify us if you are not brining your own laptop. Please see the calendar below for the schedule
- Build an HTML Web Site showing off your portfolio of projects and host it online.
- Attendance : If you have attended 80% of the sessions and completed all the class work, you qualify for the Attendance Certificate.
- Competency : If you have also completed all the practical projects as described the Outcomes section, you qualify for the Competency Certificate.
Data and Tables –a place for everything
Data in categories
What’s in a Database
Statement Data types DESCribed
NULL, NOT NULL
DEFAULT The SELECT Statement –
gifted data retrieval
How to query data types
AND, OR, LIKE, BETWEEN, IN, NOT IN
DELETE and UPDATE –
a change will do you good
Smart table design –
why be normal?
Atomic data mary KeyPri ALTER –
Rewriting the past
Renaming the table
Advanced SELECT –
Seeing your data with new eyes
ORDER BY SUM, MIN, MAX, AVG, GROUP BY COUNT,
LIMIT Multi-table Database Design –
Outgrowing your table Schema
How to go from one table to two
Create a table with a Foreign Key
Relationships between tables
Patterns of data Junction table
1NF Partial functional dependency
Transitive functional dependency 2NF 3NF
JOINS and multi table operations
CREATE, SELECT, INSERT at the same time AS, column aliases
Subqueries – Queries within queries
EXISTS and NOT EXISTS
OUTER JOINS, SELF JOINS and UNIONS
Left and right outer join
A self-referencing foreign key
INTERSECT and EXCEPT
Turning a subquery into a join
Constraints, Views and Transactions
Creating a view
Inserting, updating and deleting
The ACID Test
Security – protecting your assets
REVOKING a used GRANT OPTION
MTA-Exam 98-364 Review Prep
Comptency Assesment Project